£85000 - £95000 per annum + + 30% bonuses, benefits
6 months ago
In House Tax Manager, Private Equity/Real Estate
£85,000 - £95,000 + 20-30% bonuses & benefits
A growing private equity house with a real assets focus is looking to appoint a first tax hire to bring the tax function in-house. Reporting directly to the CFO, wider and key stakeholders will include deals/investment, finance and legal teams, while maintaining ongoing relations with relevant tax authorities. This is a broad role, covering a variety of tax compliance and advisory matters at the corporate and fund level. This makes an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Tax Manager who is seeking a broad and autonomous role within a growing and entrepreneurial business.
- Managing real estate tax at all stages of the investment process, including deals facilitation, VAT/CIS matters, and tax input for post-divestment.
- Management of outsourced tax compliance/tax accounting matters around fiscal deadlines. Management of funds tax compliance & FATCA/CRS/AEOI reporting.
- Owning relationships with third parties for tax compliance and advisory services and managing the implementation of advice.
- Leading on strategic tax planning with senior finance stakeholders. Provision of ad-hoc advice to internal stakeholders (corporate, indirect and employment taxes).
- Business partnering with non-tax specialists, including finance, investment and legal teams to advise/educate on relative tax positions/priorities, ultimately to support commercial decision making and manage tax risk.
- Being proactive to maintain CPD and keep abreast of relevant regulatory developments. Monitoring the impact of these on business operations to establish and maintain a 'best in class' in-house tax function.
The successful candidate:
- ACA/CTA qualification essential, likely 3-5 years PQE.
- Prior real estate deals experience is essential.
- Experience with managing corporation/partnerships tax compliance in an oversight capacity.
- UK tax specialism is essential, additional US taxation experience is desirable.
- Prior in-house experience within private equity/alternative asset management is advantageous but not essential.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.