City of London, London
£65000 - £70000 per annum + + bonuses & benefits
15 days ago
03 February 2022
In-House Tax Manager (newly qualified) - financial services
London - hybrid working model
£65,000 - £70,000 + benefits & bonuses
A financial services business in the City of London is seeking an in-house Tax Manager (newly qualified) to support with tax accounting, compliance and advisory for the group, focused primarily on the UK with some overseas exposure. The business is currently leading on disruptive technology innovations for the industry and increased demands have led to a likewise response to grow the tax team.
Reporting to the Direct Tax Senior Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with a mid-sized tax team of 4 which sits within finance. Other than the line manager, additional key stakeholders will include the Head of Tax, VAT lead, finance stakeholders and local tax authorities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide group tax accounting technical expertise to enable tax compliance for group companies, principally UK based on a timely basis.
- Preparation of annual UK corporation tax returns end to end; including group relief
- Preparation of tax disclosures for UK group and subsidiary statutory accounts at both year end and half year periods.
- Supporting the Direct Tax Senior Manager on seasonal tax reporting requirements
- Supporting the Head of Tax with wider elements; including ad-hoc advisory/strategic tasks and elements of wider taxes (e.g. operational, employment).
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders alike
- Liaison with international subsidiaries and outsourced advisors
Together, this makes a wonderful opportunity for the recently qualified corporate tax professional. The successful candidate is likely to come from a top-tier accountancy firm, is looking to broaden their skillset in-house with an exciting, complex and growing business.
The successful candidate:
- ACA/CTA qualification is essential
- Prior experience in a UK-focused corporate tax focused position is essential
- Must have a grounding in corporate tax compliance & reporting, with any wider (or international) tax exposures as advantageous
- Financial services, insurance (or fintech) experience would be helpful but not a pre-requisite. The successful candidate should be comfortable with operating within a complex environment and partnering within a regulated business
- The right to work permanently in the UK is essential
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.