City of London, London
£80000 - £85000 per annum + + bonuses, benefits & remote working
about 2 months ago
In-House Tax Risk & Controls Manager - Financial Services
£80,000 - £85,000 + bonuses, benefits and flexibility
London (remote working encouraged)
A multinational financial services business are currently recruiting for an in-house Tax Risk and Reporting Manager. The successful candidate will join a mid-sized and growing team based in London, reporting to the Tax Director responsible for tax risk, governance and policy.
Responsibilities will centre on the management, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the tax risk/controls framework. This encompasses being reactive and proactive to respond to tax risks, assisting the relevant teams to make changes and process improvements as necessary. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing the preparation of tax risk reviews for European authorities
- Contribution to the ongoing fulfilment and improvement of the tax strategy
- Managing the preparation of tax reporting packs for senior stakeholders (financial and board-level)
- Continual review and improvement of SAO/CCO processes, controls and testing in line with business finance/developments
- Building cross functional relationships with internal and non-tax specialist teams to increasing relevant stakeholder awareness of risk management and control where relevant
- Supporting on MDR and also tax/finance projects and transformations
- Ownership of continuous professional development, including keeping abreast of the relevant and recent legislative developments
- Liaison with external stakeholders, consisting of outsourced advisors and local authorities
This makes an excellent opportunity for the experienced Tax Manager who is looking for an in-house and business partnering focused opportunity, within a multinational and complex environment.
What we are looking for on a CV
- Relevant tax/accountancy qualification (ACA/CTA/CA) - essential
- Corporate Tax compliance background - essential
- Some exposure to dealing with international (i.e., EU or US) regimes - essential
- Some exposure to reporting standards (IFRS/US/UK/European GAAPs) - essential
- Experience of management tax risk and controls - strongly preferred
- Mainstream European language skills - strongly preferred
- Prior experience within FS is essential (insurance-specific experience would be a bonus).
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.