City of London, London
£65000 - £75000 per annum
3 months ago
Indirect Tax Assistant Manager, In-House - insurance
London - remote working encouraged
£65-75,000 + market-leading bonuses and benefits
A global insurance business is searching for a bright and progression-focused indirect tax professional to support their growing tax team in London. This is a newly created role within the group finance function, purposed to support the Indirect Tax Director with a variety of VAT and IPT (UK & international) compliance and advisory matters. This makes an ideal first step into industry for the recently qualified indirect tax professional, likely from a top professional practice and with prior FS experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting in the management and control of indirect tax accounting and adherence with the relevant tax legislation
- Liaising with varied internal stakeholders (finance, legal and accounting) as a trusted business partner. Supporting on the implementation of international to ensure the relevant filing obligations are completed.
- Completion of UK VAT and IPT returns, assisting in the oversight of international returns and supporting on local tax authority audits
- An ad-hoc and increasing element of VAT advisory in relation to ongoing internal projects
The successful CV
- Recent ACA/CTA qualification is essential
- Prior experience within a VAT/IPT dedicated role is essential
- Prior experience with a partially exempt businesses and following a PESM is essential
- The right to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements is essential
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.