VAT Manager, In-House Financial Services
Central London, flexible working available
£60,000 - £70,000 + bonuses and benefits
We are currently seeking a learning and development focused VAT professional for this global organisation, providing an infrastructure for the financial services industry. The Tax department develops and executes tax planning strategies and managing a myriad of global tax compliance and reporting requirements. The Tax department also advises the businesses on tax matters, supporting their operations and transactions by evaluating tax consequences and risks.
The VAT Manager, In-House Financial Services
- Accurate and timely submission of VAT returns, including prompt payment to the relevant tax authorities.
- Preparation of VAT return journals. including quarterly reconciliation of the VAT balance sheet accounts, and posting required adjustments.
- Accurate and timely preparation and submission of the UK VAT group's EC Sales List of VAT returns.
- Provide VAT guidance to Accounts Receivable/Payable on correct treatment of our products and invoicing requirements, and VAT advice to VAT queries from internal stakeholders across the businesses.
- Manage relationships with advisors and relevant third parties, as well as a professional working relationship with UK HMRC and Other Tax Authorities.
- Work closely with the Global Tax Team, Financial Operations, Financial Reporting & Accounting
- Keep up tp date on VAT case law decisions, changes to VAT legislation and awareness that may affect business operations
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
The successful candidate
- 3 years+ in a primarily VAT focused role
- Either ACA/CTA qualified or a legal background in tax
- Background and detailed knowledge of UK, EU and non-EU VAT in both a compliance and advisory capacity
What they will demonstrate at interview:
- A motivated self-starter, able to analyze books, records, and accounts for VAT compliance
- Good communication and personal skills with hands-on attitude