VAT Manager, Central London
Flexible and 9am-5pm working culture
£60,000, + bonuses at 15-20%
Contributory pension at 18%
Private medical and dental cover
Sociable and team-oriented workplace culture
We are currently searching for an international financial services organisation with a major influence on financial infrastructure and markets globally. This position reports into an EMEA Head of Tax who has quickly ascended in her career, currently focused on revamping the in-house tax function.
The initial split of this role will be 60% compliance (half preparations for UK and half oversight for EMEA), and 40% advisory focused. Development in this role is planned as progression into wider corporate and international tax matters, once the VAT processes are established and streamlined. Upon appointment, the VAT Manager's responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and oversight of accurate and timely VAT returns for UK and EMEA matters, respectively, including payment to the authorities
- Preparation of VAT return journals. This will encompass quarterly reconciliations of the VAT balance sheet accounts alongside posting adjustments.
- Accurate/timely preparation & submission of the UK VAT group's EC Sales List of VAT returns.
- Advising AP/AR on correct treatment of our products, alongside invoicing requirements. Provision of VAT advice to any queries from varied internal stakeholders.
- Managing stakeholder relationships; including advisors and third parties. Maintaining a working relationship with UK and overseas Tax Authorities.
- Collaborating with the Group Tax Team, Finops and accounting/reporting teams. Maintaining a cutting-edge knowledge of VAT case law developments, alongside monitoring legislative changes in relation to business operations
- Managing risk and control processes proactively into daily responsibilities, alongside monitoring and identifying risk, escalating where appropriate
To be invited to interview, your CV must demonstrate:
- Demonstrable and several years experience in a pure indirect tax/VAT role
- Experience in having prepared UK VAT returns
- ACCA/ACA/CTA or from a tax legal background - Top 10 practice experience strongly preferred
- A background of UK, EU and non-EU VAT in both a compliance and advisory capacity
To be successful at interview, you will need to demonstrate:
- You are a motivated self-starter
- You have able analysed books, records, and accounts for VAT compliance purposes
- You have good communication and personal skills and can manage stakeholders
- You have a hands-on attitude to complete preparations where necessary
- You can work closely with external advisors and cross-functional/abroad teams