In-House VAT Manager, Fintech & Asset Management
£70,000 - £80,000 + leading bonuses, benefits & flexibility
Are you CTA/ACA qualified with demonstrable VAT experience in a partially-exempt business?
Looking to become a valued business partner and report in at a senior level?
Looking to broaden remit into new areas?
We are currently searching for a major market options maker, holding a central emphasis on cutting-edge technology and global commercial impact.
Here, you can expect a dynamic, energetic and even frenetic pace of work which will suit someone eager to roll up their sleeves and invest into their career development.
The role - the In-House VAT Manager, Fintech & Asset Management
The successful candidate's role will centre around proactively managing and providing support to the business for all indirect taxation matters. Specific responsibilities will include:
- The provision of proactive advice to support the business units and tax team on indirect taxation issues
- The preparation and performing of reviews for quarterly VAT returns, alongside annual adjustments
- Managing the Group's partial exemption special method, as required, including negotiating with and managing ongoing relations with the tax authorities, in conjunction with the Head of Tax
- Manage the oversight and preparation of the VAT returns for international entities
- Adopting a systems-led approach to implement changes where necessary which optimise the VAT operations
- Providing mentorship and guidance to junior tax team members, and ad-hoc training to finance operations/accounts where necessary
- Ensuring the VAT accounting arrangements remain maintained and relevant
- Providing ad-hoc VAT advice arising from upcoming projects, and staying abreast of adaptive legislation
- Broadening skillset into employment, operational wider tax matters to partner with the business effectively in the longer term
What you will need to demonstrate
- CTA/ACA qualified with demonstrable experience in VAT and working with partial exemptions
- Able to spot and mitigate risks, presenting informed and bottom-line conclusions to senior level stakeholders
- Process/systems driven mindset with technical ability and the ability to partner with various business units
- A desire to broaden your taxation remit and technological abilities