In-house VAT Advisor, Dutch or German speaking
Flexible salary/hours and working from home
Based in the UK/Republic of Ireland
This is an in-house and advisory-focused role with an asset management organisation holding a particular specialism on transport-based real assets for wealthy individuals and corporates. The three lines of business operate across:
1. Real asset imports and exports across Europe (primarily across the UK and Netherlands)
2. The establishment of off-shore companies to register real asset owners
3. Advisory-focus for real assets for customs/VAT
Of an SME stature with real market dominance across the UK this particular field, the business is now looking to increase their business-offering as the market-leader across Europe. In turn, a need for advisory-focused VAT professionals with language skills has emerged, with the Dutch and German languages a particular requirement as key geographical areas of focus.
Given the vast geographical spread of these real assets, the opportunity to work remotely, or even on a part-time basis has arisen. A hub is currently being established in Ireland to buffer against Brexit movements, and so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to upskill on Irish VAT, which is largely similar to the standards set in the UK.
Given the remote working nature of this role and level of advisory/business development activity, soft-skills which are particularly important here:
- Self-organised, disciplined and can manage own workload
- Strong communication skills and phone manner
- Fluency in German/Dutch
- ACA/CTA/ACCA qualification with solid VAT experience in a client-dedicated practice/FS setting
- Cross-border transaction experience
- A demonstrable interest in freight/train leasing/real assets or aviation will be a bonus point
Some amount of pan-European travel will be involved in this role.
If interested to learn more, express your interest (with a CV/LinkedIn profile) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection-process will be largely informal, and begin with a call, prior to a coffee with the Head of VAT.