Up to £103424.00 per annum
4 months ago
Inspections Leader (local audit) - London
- Are you a fully qualified CCAB accountant with significant experience at a senior level in the audits of major local audits or other entities?
- Do you have audit inspection experience?
- DO you have strong technical auditing and accounting skills and the ability to challenge the judgements and quality of work performed?
If so, read on. Our client, a regulatory body may be interested in speaking with you. You will be working within the team that monitors the quality of work by statutory auditors in the UK to ensure safeguarding, public interest and confidence and to promote the improvement of quality in local audit auditing in the UK
In this role you will be expected to:
- Lead and manage audit inspection work at the 7 major audit firms in respect to their major local audits, ensuring work is completed to a high standard and within specified deadlines
- Build constructive and professional relationships with the audit firm's senior management and audit teams in respect of major local audit and manage the relationship with the relevant audit firms at a senior level on a day-to-day basis.
- Identify issues of non-compliance with the regulatory framework, including Auditing, Ethical and Quality Control Standards and Audit Regulations
- Draft public reports on the local audit sector.
- As part of the extended management team for the organisation, participate in other projects and inspection work as required
A qualified accountant with significant experience at a senior level in major local audits or the audit of other entities, together with experience of audit inspections.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills.
- Ability to challenge the judgements and quality of work performed by engagement partners at the audit firms and to deal with difficult situations in a sensitive manner
- Knowledge of industry matters and the ability to contribute to the various public sector forums that the organisation participate in along with engagement with other key stakeholders, such as CIPFA, NAO, ICAEW and PSAA.
- Strong communication skills, relating to both the drafting of reports and the presentation of inspection findings in a calm, firm and convincing way.
- Communicate difficult messages about audit quality issues to audit teams in a fair and balanced manner.
- Strong report writing skills, including drafting of reports for publication.
- Effective project and time management skills to organise the overall local audit inspection programme and ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships in a challenging and potentially confrontational and hostile environment.
- Ability to persuade senior personnel to accept and act on points raised.
This role is based in the London office although travel around the UK is a requirement of this role. This organisation promotes a healthy work/life balance and WFH when it fits in with the requirements of this role. The organisation also offers a range of other benefits, real career progression and a friendly, diverse and family feel culture
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.