£220 - £250 per day
7 months ago
Interim Financial Accountant, London / Remote. £220 - £250 per day (Ltd or Umbrella)
For a large membership organisation and professional body in the UK and internationally, we're recruiting a Financial Accountant for their Trading (commercial) entity. This role is key in providing financial accounting, reporting and indirect taxation services for the trading entity. The Financial Accountant will prepare several indirect taxation returns including EC Sales list, MOSS and quarterly VAT returns for the business. The Financial Accountant will play a large part in reviewing processes and procedures to align with Group and will lead a project to develop solutions to address areas of improvement.
- Responsible for accounting and reporting all income streams in line with UK GAAP (FRS102)
- Perform checks and reconciliations to ensure accuracy of revenue recognised
- Balance sheet reconciliations to identify issues the trading company has
- Review sales commission calculated on revenue along with the Business
- Monitor and critically review WIP for capital expenditure while liaising with the Business to capitalise assets in line with UK GAAP; Maintain fixed asset register
- Review entire balance sheet; Monthly reconciliation; Analyse balance sheet and prepare cash-flow information
- Ensure Chart of Accounts is fit for purpose
- VAT accounting and ensure EC Sales List, MOSS and Quarterly VAT are submitted
- Ensure accounting treatment of the Joint Venture income and expenditure is robust
- Prepare intra-company activities and reconcile balance sheet codes monthly
- Review PSA calculations and input as required to calculate Corporate Tax
- Lead project to perform a review of current processes and procedures relating to financial reporting
- Stay abreast of changes in FRS102 / UK GAAP and VAT legislation
- CCAB qualified with up to date knowledge of UK GAAP (FRS102)
- Excellent knowledge of VAT and experience of producing/ auditing statutory accounts
- Experience of producing Statutory Accounts using UK GAAP / IFRS in a commercial company
- Experience of running a full year-end audit
- Experience of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience of maintaining accurate and current fixed asset register
- Ideally experience of the publication industry and in the management of improvement projects
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.