Role: Head of HR FTC (3-6 months)
Client: International Charity
Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £55,000 (some flexibility)
Duration: 3-6 months with an opportunity to go permanent
- Are you a senior HR professional with international experience, available within short notice and looking for an interim Head of HR role within a well-recognised International Charity?
- Do you consider yourself a champion in staying abreast of compliance, employment legislation, policy and best practice matters within international regions?
- Are you recognised for your strategic approach to HR, and can liaise effectively with senior leaders to drive business performance, both nationally and internationally?
The role of Head of HR:
The client is an international network of charity organisations, operating in London, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Over a period of assessment and revaluation, the HR function has significantly evolved to meet organisational objectives and establish HR best practice across the organisation. As Head of HR, you will take over this function and have overall responsibility for it's management, development and representation at board level.
As Head of HR for this international organisation, you will be responsible for the following broad areas nationally and internationally; Strategy Development, Policy Development, implementation and monitoring, Advising and supporting managers, Learning and Development, Administration and Systems, Staff safety and well-being, Budgeting and other generalist HR duties.
What you'll need to succeed as a Head of HR:
- CIPD qualified to Chartered Member or equivalent experience
- Substantial senior experience in human resource management in an international environment
- Demonstrable experience in reviewing and developing employment policies, systems and processes e.g. induction, job evaluation
- Support and advise managers on HR related issues, both in the UK and at a distance.
- An understanding of the HR issues of operating globally in often complex and volatile environments
- Proven track record of leading, developing and managing a HR team
- Experience of developing a HR strategy and to the development of support budgets.
- Significant experience of working with employment laws and practice in countries where the organisation operates as well as a sold knowledge of UK employment law.
- Experience of leading on change management processes
- Coaching, developing and mentoring senior management to enhance their people management skills
- Experience in delivering training on HR policy and practice.
- Proven ability of human resource planning
- Ability to function with a high degree of autonomy
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment often with tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal, representational, negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with a high level of sensitivity and diplomacy
- Good standard of IT skills, including word, excel and HR databases
- Experience of managing a HR budget
- Experience of managing payroll and negotiating with benefit providers
- Being multi-lingual would be a bonus
What do staff say about this International Charity?
'Staff are clearly dedicated; the policy work is valuable, and the cause is an exceptional one, under supported by other INGOs' - Current Employee
If you are a Senior HR Professional with international experience, and are available either immediately or within short notice, please apply now or contact Akhil ASAP for full details.
020 7269 6350
ProTax is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.