City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are currently working on exclusive basis with a construction business based in London operating across the UK. Key to the further development of the finance function in supporting the business will be the appointment of a Purchase Ledger / Subcontractors Ledger Manager to oversee and manage an established team of 8 staff across the purchase ledger and subcontractors ledger. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, this is a high profile role which will require an experienced Manager capable of managing and developing a multi-disciplined team in accounts.
Key responsibilities of this Purchase Ledger Manager role will include:
- Ensuring the team makes all supplier and subcontractor payments effectively and on time, identifying and rectifying issues and be focal point for relevant staff, managers and suppliers.
- Constant review of processes and department strategy to ensure efficient authorisation and processing of transactions across the teams, review and improvement of payment methods.
- Manage the staff development within the purchase and subcontract ledger team, including the setting of objectives, reviewing day-to-day performance and completing appraisals.
- Develop a suite of reports to assess the performance of the department, including the number of invoices processed, average creditor days etc and ensure a proper audit trail.
To succeed and contribute to the business, you will need the following:
- Experience managing a team of at least 7-10 ledger staff covering team development and performance management
- Experience of the construction sector, subcontractors ledger and CIS, managing purchase ledger and accounts payable processes
- Experience in a high volume, systems-rich processing function, preparing and overseeing reconciliations, journals and month-end
- Experience of supplier management, discussing terms and queries both externally with key suppliers and internally with department heads.
- strong Excel knowledge is a must
We are looking for exceptional Purchase Ledger/Subcontractors Ledger candidates who can bring impact, change and progression to a busy growing Purchase Ledger and Subcontractor Ledger function in a highly successful, dynamic, privately owned Construction business in North West London.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.