Birmingham, West Midlands
£600 - £625 per day + umbrella on daily rate
2 months ago
I am currently sourcing an Interim Tax Manager for a large construction organisation where you will be part of broader Finance team and add value immediately with your knowledge.
This is 6 months contract role - £625 umbrella (inside ir35) - must be immediately available or on 1 week notice.
Start date mid December
- Ensuring company complies with all relevant UK tax law, HMRC and other government bodies' regulations including making preparations for managing new taxes and changes in tax rules (e.g. new IR35 rules).
- Preparation and submission of tax returns including monthly VAT returns, PAYE Settlement Agreement, Corporation Tax, Construction Industry Scheme and other taxes
- Advising the business on land and property transactions from a VAT perspective
- Preparation and submission of the senior accounting officer documents
- Preparation of the corporation tax provision note for the statutory accounts
- Review of IR35 cases and undertake regular audits
- Working with the Travel and Payroll team to identify taxable travel and ensuring the correct tax treatment is applied.
- Ensuring compliance with the Criminal Finance Act
- Advising the business on environmental taxes such as aggregate levy.
- Provide tax advice and guidance to the business as required
- Regular training to staff on VAT, CIS, IR35 and changes in tax legislation.
- Management of the tax risk register and taking action to mitigate any tax risks identified
- Accurate interpretation and implementation of tax rules to ensure a predictable cash flow, long range forecasting/ budgeting, and lifetime costing
- Address tax issues resulting from one off projects or issues and on areas of tax that will apply to different stages of its project life cycle.
- Ensure that the Business System are configured to enable efficient collection of information and production of reports/outputs required to meet tax submission requirements.
- Working closely with external tax advisors and ensuring good value for money.
- Implement and maintain robust processes and controls to manage tax across the business.
- Ensure the necessary governance and processes required to ensure compliance, and manage the information and reporting from the existing business systems
- Leading the relationship with the CCM (HMRC) and agreeing a position on complex tax matters.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.