International Pensions Tax Manager - London
up to £70,000 + bonus
My Big 4 client has a longstanding reputation of expertise in the field of international pensions advisory and tax consulting.
The Pensions Tax practice is an integral, rapidly growing part of the business with an impressive reputation in the market and a broad client base that includes major international banks, FTSE 100 and private companies, pension trustees and high net worth individuals. They are offering a unique opportunity to work in this stimulating tax specialist environment as part of an exceptional and supportive team advising this prestigious client portfolio.
This innovative and dynamic team has experienced year-on-year growth and has significant potential and aspirations for future growth. This means that there is ample room for career development and progression and they will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential, with no barriers.
The team are looking for Managers to join and support their work in advising clients on a broad range of pensions tax issues (including income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and withholding taxes), providing 'best practice' advice, governance support and risk management advice.
This role is diverse, providing you with experience of advising a broad range of clients on highly specialist, Pension Tax and operational matters. You would be an integral member of the client teams, encouraged from an early stage to create your own client relationships and develop more junior team members, with the full support of the senior team, focused on your development and progression within the team.
In this team, your role in the group would encompass some or all of the following:
- Providing bespoke pensions tax technical advice to corporate clients, pension trustees and very senior executive individuals on the following matters:
o Funding of pension savings
o Post funding transactions
o Longer term inheritance tax planning
o Extraction of retirement benefits on retirement or death
- Assisting large global clients in understanding the complex tax, risk and governance implications associated with their international pension plans.
- Assisting large global clients in coordinating large scale reviews to ensure their pension plans are operated in a compliant and efficient manner.
- Advising senior executives on the pension tax aspects of their retirement planning, taking account of their specific retirement location and their historic working patterns.
- Designing, building and implementing global pension plans for employers with multi-jurisdictional workforces, assisting with all aspects of tax, structuring and communications.
- Working with offices globally to support local retirement and long term savings plan requirements in emerging markets such as the Middle East.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.