£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
21 days ago
03 December 2020
Management Accountant: £45,000 - £48,000 + Benefits, London
For a global company, we're recruiting a Management Accountant on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Management Accounting, this role will produce and deliver management accounts along with accurate and insightful management information to senior stakeholders as well as acting as a Business Partner to the Service Directorate. The Management Accountant will be instrumental in helping transform the finance function by improving month-end processes, improving the quality of management information and the timeliness of reporting and checks and controls.
- Act as Finance Business Partner for the Press Directorate, providing advice and guidance to the Press team.
- Liaise with the Director and Press Team to produce robust budgets and forecasts; Support on ad-hoc business cases, projects and analysis
- Prepare regular monthly financial income and expenditure reports to managers including narratives, variance analysis and year-end forecasts.
- Completion and ledger posting of prepayments and accruals; Monthly ledger balance sheet analysis; Reconciliation of income and expenditure adjustments
- Support Head of Business Partnering in preparation for monthly financial meetings with budget holders to review accounts, forecasts and queries
- Provide forecasts and commentaries to help decision making and to challenge forecasts
- Actively lead on continuous improvement of financial processes and controls
- Prepare templates for forecast and budget and support Head of Business Partnering in analysing and reviewing year-on-year variances
- Assist production of year-end accounts and financial returns and support during interim and final external audits
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA finalist or newly qualified
- Advanced MS Excel skills and working knowledge of Sun Systems (ideally)
- Strong experience in preparing year-end and monthly management accounts including year-end forecasts and budgets
- Experience of consolidation of management accounts packs for management reporting
- Experience of working in a multicultural and multisite organisation
- Proactive, solution oriented with experience of process improvement
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.