£39000.00 - £42500.00 per annum
3 months ago
Payables and Reconciliations Accountant | 12-month FTC | £39,000 - £42,500
On behalf of an international NGO based in over 120 countries, we are recruiting an Accountant on a 12-month FTC to manage the Payables and Reconciliations functions. This role will ensure all accounting transactions across the Accounts Payable and General Ledger journals are posted efficiently and will prepare and maintain the Balance Sheet reconciliations for the international areas as well as a backlog project and oversight of the administration of the international payroll.
- Manage the payables and purchase ledger process
- Review and post all recoverable expense journals, liaising with regional country offices to review and clear balances on a monthly basis
- Prepare quarterly Operational Grants payments, Grants journals and fund transfers
- Review and process all Corporate Card statements including journals and reconciliations
- Manage month-end account preparation including cash movement journals, cash and bank transactions, and monthly payroll data
- Year-end accounts processing including preparation of audit schedules, preparing information for the Annual Accounts, and liaising with auditors on queries
- Manage reconciliations across the Grants accounts, Current accounts, Direct Debits, Payments, Restricted Reserves and Fixed Assets
- Lead on Balance Sheet reconciliations
- AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA part-qualified with proven experience working on accounts payable, bank and ledger reconciliations
- Experience working within the charity sector and ideally the international NGO sector
- Strong experience of the accounts payable process
- Strong experience of balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong month-end reconciliations experience
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.