Private Client Tax Assistant (Graduate Position) - Edinburgh
Competitive salary plus full study support.
An award winning firm is seeking a bright ambitious Personal Tax Assistant to join their friendly and dynamic team in Edinburgh.
You will be responsible for personal tax compliance issues within your own portfolio which will consist of high-net-worth individuals and sole traders, as well as becoming involved with the more intricate and complex cases such as non-domiciled and non-resident tax issues. Responsibilities will generally cover:
- Completing tax returns and tax computations for HNWI's, Sole Traders, Directors and Partnerships.
- Assisting trainees with tax planning work and regularly meeting with other Seniors on client portfolios.
- Regularly liaising with HMRC both in written and oral correspondence.
- Researching particularly complex technical personal tax issues and report findings to clients.
- Managing excellent relationships with clients as well as working to attract new clients to the practice.
- Retaining an excellent eye for detail with the ability to spot discrepancies.
- Monitoring self-development with an ambitious attitude to progress within the practice
You will be preferably AAT qualified and eager to take the ATT qualification with strong academic results and will have previous experience of personal tax compliance gained in a similar environment.
This is a great firm to work for, one which will offer you a great foundation to your tax career. For more information please call Jennifer on 0207 269 6346 or email your CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org