Personal Tax Manager
The firm has a wide variety of clients ranging from traditional UK resident and domiciled individual the owners of private businesses, chief executives, UHNWIs, non-doms and all types of UK/offshore trusts and foundations. The suitable candidate must be technically strong and be interested in working on a range of client matters. They will be able to develop their specialism within the team should they wish to or be a broad generalist. We do not expect the successful candidate to have experience across their full range of clients and we would anticipate that they would have an OMB or non-dom private client focus.
The individual sought will be responsible for the management and delivery of work on their portfolio and in addition to this be willing to tackle new projects (with appropriate support) and have a "can-do" attitude.
- To provide an efficient and proactive service to private clients
- Tax planning including personal/business tax planning for property investment and development activities, non-domicile issues (including remittance planning), trusts, capital taxes and planning for shareholders
- To liaise proactively with clients on advisory matters
- To work with partners on complex technical assignments
- To manage day to day client portfolio including billing, delegation and monitoring work in progress
- To review personal tax returns prepared by more junior members of staff and be a technical point of reference
- To assist in marketing private client services alongside the partners and directors
- To assist with managing members of staff
- ACA and/or CTA or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience
Skills and personal attributes required
- Solid technical background
- Experience of private client tax planning and advisory services including trusts and non-domicile issues
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Supervisory skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Assertiveness and confidence in own knowledge and ability
- Desire to continue to develop as a private client practitioner
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, the firm operates a Flexible Hours of Work Policy which provides people with the freedom to organise their working day around their commitments outside work.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Laura on 0207 269 6317.
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.