£25000 - £30000 per annum + overtime + flexible working
4 months ago
Personal Tax Assistant - Top 20 Accountancy Practice London
up to £30,000 depending on experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with some personal tax experience, looking to work for a Top 20 firm that offers full training support & career progression.
The London Private Client Services team provides planning and compliance services to help individuals manage their tax liabilities.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing tax compliance services to clients ranging from directors of Owner Managed Businesses to High Net Worth Individuals, including non-residents and non-domiciliaries.
Duties will include:
- Looking after the day-to-day running of a varied portfolio of clients;
- Providing timely and accurate delivery of tax services whilst adhering to the firm's quality standards;
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients with the intention of making you an indispensable resource for their tax compliance affairs;
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs regarding their personal tax affairs;
- Resolving client concerns and queries;
- Providing basic advice where possible and liaising with more senior members of staff on more technical compliance and advice services;
- Assisting with general private client issues and suggesting tax planning opportunities;
- Supporting the partners, managers and other senior staff with general ad-hoc and administrative duties such as preparing spreadsheets etc;
Full study support will be provided by the firm towards relevant tax qualifications - including ATT and/or CTA.
- Study Package, including TOIL (Time off in Lieu) for overtime;
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays);
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement;
- The ability to 'purchase' extra days leave in salary sacrifice;
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates;
- Private dental cover at discounted rates;
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First;
- Life assurance (4x salary);
- Season ticket loan (for travel);
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Ideally Minimum A-levels, B,B,C grades (or equivalent and excluding general studies);
- Grade B or above in GSCE Maths and English Language (GSCE or equivalent).
- The ideal candidate will be someone who is working their way towards the ATT qualification or is keen to do so.
- Some experience working in a personal tax position.
- Experience of working at least one tax season.Competence at using tax software (ideally CCH);
- Experience of using Microsoft Word/Excel to a good level.
If you are interested in this unique and rare opportunity to join a growing and successful team please contact Maisie on
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.