£41466 - £44343 per annum + Pension, Season Ticket Loan
24 days ago
Procurement Officer, London £41,466 - £44,373 + Benefits
Tower Hamlets Homes is an award-winning ALMO delivering high-quality housing services for residents living in 21,000 homes in East London. Delivering our services for Tower Hamlets Council, we're more than just a housing management company. Our vision is to create thriving, safe, and sustainable neighbourhoods where residents can be proud of their homes, respect one another and realise their potential.
We've won the prestigious Landlord of the Year award and the Inclusion and Diversity Pioneer award at the UK Housing Awards in 2019 and 2 Engagement Excellence awards in 2018, recognising our modern and forward-looking approach to employee reward and recognition.
The Procurement Officer is a new opportunity to join our ambitious, busy and dynamic Property Services Team which delivers an annual capital investment programme of over £40M. Reporting to the Head of Procurement and Contracts, the Procurement Officer will lead on procurement activity for the Better Neighbourhoods' Programme via new Frameworks and re-procurement of contracts focusing on high-level customer service, effective contract and performance management.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing a full range of procurement services including the procurement of new contracts for works and services and maintenance of the Contracts Register
- Commissioning and actioning procurement issues and tasks to ensure continuity of service delivery supported by procurement and live contracts
- Liaising with Service Delivery and Asset Management Teams to ensure objectives are met
- Identifying solutions to procurement, contract and supply-chain issues
- Conducting procurements, framework direct award and mini competitions
- Stakeholder consultations across Council Governance teams, internally and externally
- Monitoring, appraising and reporting on procurement performance
- Ensuring the organisation achieves Best Value in procurement of goods and services
What you'll offer us:
- Demonstrable experience of working within public sector procurement
- Proven experience of providing expert advice on procurement related matters to a range of stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of contracts and of EU procurement requirements
- Ideally CIPS qualified with experience in a housing environment (Local Authority, ALMO or RSL) and evidence of continual professional development
What we'll offer you:
- 26 days' paid holiday each year, plus eight bank holidays
- A fantastic career-average pension scheme and Salary sacrifice schemes
- Amazing commercial discounts, including discounts at many gyms, shops and restaurants
- Your voice heard through our staff forum and networking groups for women and LGBT staff
- Newly refurbished offices, with free tea, coffee and fruit, and shower facilities
- Interest-free season ticket loans and many more
- For more information and to download a candidate pack please visit: https://www.pro-recruitment.co.uk/tower-hamlets-homes-jobs?
- The deadline for CV applications is the 22nd September with ongoing initial interviews
- Final interviews at THH will take place from the 28th September
- For an informal discussion, please contact our recruitment partner Matt Davidson at Pro-Recruitment Group on 020 7269 6323 or at THH@pro-recruitment.co.uk
- Please note, all third-party introductions will be forwarded to Pro-Recruitment Group
Would you like £250 in vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £250 in vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £250 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.