6 months ago
Project Director - Regulatory Standards, Audit and Assurance Team
- Are you a qualified member of a CCAB professional accounting body?
- Do you have recent audit experience (experience in a technical advisory role would be useful although not essential?)
- Do you have a good knowledge of auditing and ethical standards applicable in the UK (in the private and/or public sector?)
If so, read on, a regulatory body are seeking a Project Director - Regulatory Standards, Audit and Assurance Team. Your duties will include:
- Investigating and delivering projects as part of the audit and assurance team including the development of audit and assurance standards and guidance
- With the Director, UK Auditing and Ethical Standards contribute more widely to the development of policy
- Contribute to through leadership in key areas including audit reform policy, the use of technology in audits and the application of ethical standards
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of external technical and policy developments relevant to the objectives of the organisation and applying that knowledge in supporting audit and assurance policy work-stream
- Working closely with colleagues in international liaison and competition policy to ensure coordinated, consistent and coherent development of policy
To be considered for this role, you will/key experience:
- Qualified member of a professional accountancy body
- Have a strong knowledge of auditing and ethical standards applicable in the UK (in the private and/or public sector)
- Recent audit experience (experience in a technical advisory role not required but would be relevant)
- Good practical knowledge of business economics and of the role of auditor, and the public interest aspects of audit work
- Good understanding of current public interest concerns, including those expressed by investors, regulators and other stakeholders in relation to corporate governance, corporate reporting and audit and assurance
- Good knowledge of technology or technology sector experience would be helpful, or mergers, IPOS or takeovers
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.