£40000.00 - £49000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Project Manager - UK Endorsement Board
- Do you have a strong knowledge of financial reporting of listed companies?
- Do you have an interest in IFRS?
- Are you able to provide thought leadership and impact assessments to support your recommendations?
If so, a regulatory body who also set stewardship and governance codes, may be interested in talking with you.
The role -
This team serves the UK public by influencing and contributing to the research and development of high-quality international financial reporting standards and is responsible for their endorsement and adoption for use in the UK.
The role involves contributing to allocated projects which may include projects that are part of due process, involve the assessment of new or amended IFRS for UK endorsement or research projects, and assisting with the analysis of proposals and decisions, as well as assisting with identifying issues and concerns and the development of solutions and technical arguments to support the analysis.
- Preparing and presenting high-quality technical papers, as part of a project team and under the supervision of the Technical Director, and revising as appropriate, within project deadlines.
- Assisting with the gathering of desk-based evidence and assessing stakeholders' views on the project, using formal and informal means as appropriate through-out the project.
- Preparing or providing input for impact assessments appropriate to the stage of the project.
- Helping prepare and participating in presentations to stakeholders
Essential criteria -
- Knowledge of the financial reporting environment of listed companies and an interest in IFRS.
- Ideally, experience in technical accounting work or the ability to demonstrate a clear interest in these activities.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and respectfully with UK and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver to tight deadlines.
In return you will enjoy working with experts in their given fields, within a "family feel" and very collaborative culture. Work/Life balance is heavily promoted with no-one working long hours. You will enjoy a hybrid working arrangement with 4 days a fortnight in the office and a range of benefits including a very attractive pension and holiday allowance
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.