Up to £92920.00 per annum
7 months ago
Project Manager - Education & Qualifications
- Are you a fully qualified ICAEW/ACA Accountant (of equivalent?) with significant post-qualification experience or significant experience in a relevant regulatory role.
- Do you have Knowledge and understanding of the audit regulatory environment and the issues facing audit in general in the UK.
- Do you have a sound understanding of the UK Companies Act and its application to auditors
The role -
You will maintain standards for professional qualifications required to operate within the sector and also be responsible for scoping new agreements and partnerships throughout the world post BREXIT. In addition, provide project management and thought leadership in support of the responsibilities of the Head of Department and the Director of Professional Oversight which include:
- Independent statutory oversight, regulation of the audit profession and voluntary oversight of the accountancy and actuarial professions; and
- Consideration of audit, actuarial and accountancy regulatory matters in the UK, Europe and internationally, when required.
- Oversight of the provision of professional education and training to accountants, actuaries and auditors, the administration of examinations; maintenance of qualification standards, including the audit qualification; and continuing professional development in compliance with the relevant professional standards.
Duties and responsibilities include -
- Managing/monitoring the quality of the Recognised Qualifying Bodies' (RQBs) student education and continuing professional development programme activities and following up on implementation of our requirements.
- Oversight of the provision of education and awarding of the Chartered Accountancy Qualification.
- Oversight of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries' provision of training and awarding of qualification.
- Oversight of the standards for and awarding of practicing certificates by the professional bodies.
- Providing expert analysis and evaluation of the monitoring programme to the Director, other senior staff and members of the oversight team.
- Liaison with the RQBs and professional bodies, technical experts and others on matters of shared interest, attendance at conferences, meetings and working groups.
- Leading work on securing Mutual Recognition of Qualification Agreements with third countries.
- Drafting responses to government and other external consultation documents.
- Preparing reports for governance committees and the Board and contributing to POT's annual statutory reporting responsibilities.
- Drafting briefing for senior staff who have engagement with the professional bodies.
Essential experience and skills -
- A relevant professional accountancy qualification or equivalent with significant post-qualification experience or significant experience in a relevant regulatory role.
- Knowledge and understanding of the audit regulatory environment and the issues facing audit in general in the UK.
- Understanding of the UK Companies Act and its application to auditors
- Appreciation of commercial, regulatory and other external influences on other parts of the Accounting, auditing and actuarial sectors
- Detailed knowledge of the processes and requirements for the training of auditors including syllabus, examinations and practical training.
- Knowledge of Audit Regulations, Delegation Agreements and the rules of the professional bodies.
- Knowledge of the Audit Regulation and Statutory Audit Directive.
This is an exciting time to join this organisation as they transform into a new body. You will enjoy many benefits including a strong work/life balance, an inclusive "family feel" organisation and working with experts within their given field.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.