14 days ago
07 November 2020
R&D Tax Manager - Kent
Full time or part time opportunity
The R&D Tax Manager will focus on the successful delivery of claims for my clients existing and future R&D Tax Credit clients engagements. The role will also involve providing support to the staff of tax professionals and to the Sales team in client presentations, meetings and proposals; demonstrating the credibility of the team and assisting with the identification and resolution of any technical tax issues relevant to the scope of the engagement.
The purpose of the roles is to provide technical support to the claims team, manage team members and assist the directors in growing the business.
- Responsible and accountable for working with clients and taking them through the full life cycle of an R&D Tax Credit Claim. This will include; qualification and optimisation of the claim; collation of information relating to innovative projects; researching similar markets and technology; analysing and interpreting financial data to identify the claim value; and writing and completing the claim paperwork
- Travelling to client or sales meetings, as required
- Processing client financial data to calculate the value of the claim and preparing computations and CT600's
- Drafting and reviewing technical reports
- Working with and supporting Claims Administrators
- Negotiating and liaising with HMRC
- Supporting senior management
- Supporting the Technical Directors
- Tax Manager will be expected to maintain an expert knowledge of the working, detail and implementation of R&D Tax Relief legislation, guidelines and HMRC practice
- The Tax Manager will be expected to maintain a portfolio of client cases
- Supporting the Technical Directors with the management of the Claims team including reporting, training and process improvements
- Supporting the sales and marketing efforts of the business, including writing articles, giving interviews, presenting at events, updating the web site and involvement with social media and sales support
- Supporting the business with new revenue generation opportunities, recruitment and financial forecasting
- Providing technical training sessions for staff, professional referrers and franchisees
- CTA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- The successful candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of the UK corporate tax regime and how different aspects of tax and accounting treatments may interact with an R&D Tax claim
- Ability to explain/describe the activities of a company to HMRC in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to manage and develop a small hard working team
- Ability to relate to work with, and win the confidence of clients
- IT literacy and ability to work with CRM and ClientSide software
- The successful candidate will be expected to attend client meetings throughout the UK. The candidate must therefore have a current driving license, own a car and be comfortable to drive long distances, where required
- Some overnight away from home may be required
- High standard of customer care
- Ability to communicate
- Good time management, accurate, analytical and prioritisation skills
If this is something of interest please do get in contact with Maisie Horrell on
or email email@example.com
Would you like £250 in vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £250 in vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £250 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.