Role: Reward Manager
Location: North London
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
- Are you an experienced Reward Manager that is available on short notice?
- Do you have experience of working with employee benefits?
- Are you someone that doesn't require too much hand-holding and are known for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in?
- Would you like to work for a line manager that truly operates a flexible working arrangement and that would allow you to work from home?
If this sounds like you in a nutshell, then read on.
My client is a London based leading Housing Association. After successfully placing the Reward Manager last year, I have been engaged once again to help secure a new Reward Manager as the current interim moves onto a new project.
Reporting into the Head of HR Services your role will be to:
- To provide technical guidance and define the key reward principles for the organization to enable the business to be compliant and offer attractive, cost effective packages to its people.
- To deliver and be responsible for the practical outcomes of the reward agenda in a rigorous, cost effective and timely way, including the development and communication of individual elements of the reward offering.
- Benchmarking the market position, running the salary and bonus review processes, managing and developing wider benefits offering and further developing the non-financial aspects of reward and recognition.
- Provide subject matter expert advice, to key stakeholders on reward matters, including pay, benefits, wellbeing, restructures and performance management.
- Provide up to date information and guidance on market trends including tax, government consultation, legislation and industry trends as appropriate.
- Contribute, as required, to the Remuneration Committee by e.g. providing benchmarking information and advice. Liaise and work with the Remuneration Committee`s external Reward advisors as necessary.
- Develop effective pay and reward systems and policy to support the recruitment, motivation and retention of appropriately skilled people
- Manage the grading frameworks and the Hay job evaluation process to ensure that roles across the organisation are sized and priced consistently; appropriately managing any challenges and issues arising in partnership with the stakeholders.
- Maintain and develop wellbeing arrangements to enhance the working lives of employees and support the organisation`s business aims and desired culture.
- Manage and promote all aspects of the pension offering, including regulatory compliance on auto enrolment. Facilitate pension education sessions for all sections of the population, to encourage prudent long-term saving.
- Team management responsibilities - Work closely with and manage a Reward Advisor.
What's great about working for this client?
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- Potential for extension
- Opportunity to work with a friendly supportive HR team that will give you autonomy to just get on with your work
- Great organisation that is going through a large period of change
What do the staff think:
'Great work atmosphere, lovely people to work with, good flexibility and meaningful work!' - Current Employee
'There is great variety in my work, new initiatives and new processes are encouraged. The colleagues are brilliant and kind, always willing to help' - Current Employee
What do you need to be a successful Reward Manager?
- A senior reward professional with experience of diverse, complex organisations of comparable scale.
- Demonstrable job evaluation experience (preferably Hay).
- Experience of managing and delivering reward projects in an organised and timely way with a good understanding of how reward fits in the wider HR and commercial agenda.
- Experience of working in a variety of sectors (Not for profit or Housing sector experience not essential and private sector experience is welcomed).
- Self-sufficient and results focused with a genuine passion for reward and how it can contribute to the overall success of a complex business.
- Demonstrable and up to date knowledge of the modern reward practice.
- Confident people management skills; a team player with an outgoing and engaging style and the ability to challenge another`s thinking and approach.
- Strongly solution and delivery focused.
- Highly numerate and data rational with strong oral and written communication skills.
Pre-arranged interview slots have been scheduled for next week, so time is of the essence! Get in touch with Richard Grove ASAP on
020 7269 6353 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ProTax is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.