Top 30 Senior Audit Manager opportunity offering great progression to Partnership. Audit heavy role offering Corporate Finance exposure.
My clients are looking to recruit a Senior Manager to build upon a period of strong growth and support new audit and advisory clients. The key aspect of the role will be to work closely with Partners running a busy portfolio working with a range of clients within their corporate sector. In this position you will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills as well as being involved in training, managing and appraising staff.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Audit: statutory audit, planning, completion, attend / lead client meetings etc.
- Being a key point of contact throughout the year
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients as well as prospective clients
- Accounts preparation
- Provision of general business advice to clients
- Managing the overall service delivery to clients
- Corporate finance projects (Due diligence, AIM/Standard listings, reverse acquisitions etc)
- Other special projects
- Client billing and job recoverability
- Prospective client meetings
- Assist in supervising/managing the audit staff including having a responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for career development of others
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations
- Assist where required in the general running of the audit department
- Reporting directly to the Partners and having several direct team members report to you.
- The successful candidate will be able to multitask in terms of handling multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent technical and personal skills to service a portfolio of clients efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication skills and be confident, articulate and able to communicate at all levels externally and internally
- Ability to produce high quality business style reports for non-executive committees
- Presentation skills for tendering for new work
- A team player with the ability to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to successfully support, nurture and motivate different team members
Work based competencies
- Experience of auditing international groups
- Expert in producing group financial statements and consolidations
- Strong knowledge of both IFRS and UK GAAP (including FRS101/102) and international standards on auditing
- Working knowledge of Tax
- Experience of Caseware or similar accounts production software
- Experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and onsite reviews
- Qualified accountant
To discuss this exciting opportunity in greater detail contact Callum MacRae on 0207 269 6369 alternately email a copy of your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org