£28000 - £31000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Senior Communications Officer
£28,000 - £31,000 pa
You will be working closely with the Head of Communications and Public Affairs, and this role will support in the day-to-day delivery of the comms and influencing strategy, working on a variety of proactive and reactive workstreams to maximise awareness and reach and the organisations member's profile, reputation, campaigns, programmes and policy work
- Produce compelling content that communicates the mission and helps to engage and influence key decision-makers; assisting in the delivery of communications plans and contributing to a range of outputs including drafting articles, blogs, web copy, newsletters, briefings, case studies and producing or sourcing accompanying multimedia content.
- Maintain a planning grid of upcoming communications events, opportunities and press interventions. In conjunction with the Head of Communications & Public Affairs, undertake regular, effective and accurate monitoring and evaluation of social, digital and media activity.
- Media relations: Support the delivery of reactive and proactive media plans, identify potential news stories, craft press releases, draft responsive media comments, build own network of journalists and assist with media monitoring.
- Digital/social: Strengthen on-line presence, overseeing the social media channels and website - supporting a new digital strategy and producing or commissioning and delivering new digital and social media content, as needed.
- Campaigns: Contribute to the development and delivery of campaign activity, working with member universities and other stakeholders to coordinate involvement, including sourcing and crafting case studies and developing messaging and content.
- Events: Provide content and logistical support for a varied events programme, including the annual summit, ad hoc parliamentary events and quarterly communications and policy network meetings.
- Public affairs: Support a programme of Parliamentary and stakeholder engagement and monitoring as well as the delivery of influencing strategy.organsiation
- Degree-level qualification and / or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Experience in a press / media handling / PR or communications/public affairs role.
- Press experience is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to tailor writing to different audiences and media and communicate complex ideas in easily understandable, punchy language.
- Experience of developing communications materials and plans - able to identify clear hooks, messages, channels, activity and evaluation. - able to create high quality, creative content for social and digital media
- Experience of media relations, including handling requests and pitching stories
- Knowledge and interest in the higher education sector would be desirable
You will enjoy excellent benefits including a flexi working policy, strong culture and working with a NFP organisation that does some outstanding work for its members.
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.