£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + + Competitive Benefits
3 months ago
Senior Communications Officer, London (initially remote based), Education Membership Body, £28,000
- Are you an experienced press and communications professional?
- Do you have a background in producing engaging and effective communications across varying channels?
- Would you like to work for a leading education membership body?
The Senior Communications Officer will be working closely with the Head of Communications and Public Affairs, in supporting the day-to-day delivery of the communications strategy in helping to maximise awareness of the organisation and their member's.
- Producing compelling content that communicates the mission and helps to engage and influence key decision-makers
- Assisting in the delivery of communications plans and contributing to a range of outputs including drafting articles, blogs, web copy, newsletters, briefings, case studies and producing or sourcing accompanying multimedia content
- Media relations: Supporting the delivery of reactive and proactive media plans, identifying potential news stories, drafting press releases and responsive media comments, building own network of journalists and assist with media monitoring
- Digital/social: Strengthen on-line presence, overseeing the social media channels and website - producing or commissioning and delivering new digital and social media content, as needed
- Campaigns: Contributing to the development and delivery of campaign activity, working with member universities and other stakeholders to coordinate involvement, including sourcing and crafting case studies and developing messaging and content
- Events: Providing content and logistical support for a varied events programme, including the annual summit, ad hoc parliamentary events and quarterly communications and policy network meetings
- Public affairs: Supporting a programme of Parliamentary and stakeholder engagement and monitoring as well as the delivery of the organisation's influencing strategy
- Degree-level qualification and / or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Must have experience in a press / media handling / PR or communications/public affairs role
- Need excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to tailor writing to different audiences and media and communicate complex ideas into concise messaging
- Experience of developing communications materials and plans - must be able to create high quality, creative content for social and digital media
- Experience of media relations, including handling requests and pitching stories
- Experience of using InDesign would be highly appealing
- Knowledge and interest in the higher education sector would be desirable
An appointment is looking to be made quickly, with applications being reviewed on a rolling basis. As such this opportunity is liable to close at short notice so apply now to avoid disappointment! If you wanted to find out more about this Senior Communications Officer position, get in touch ASAP on the below:
Tel: 0207 269 6338
Would you like £250 in vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £250 in vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £250 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.