Birmingham, West Midlands
£75000 - £81780.00 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Cost Manager, package up to £82,000: Birmingham
For the largest and most exciting transport projects in Europe, we are recruiting a Senior Cost Manager to support the Head of Cost Performance at Programme and Area level. The Senior Cost Manager will be managing a team of up to 6 Cost Managers and will be leading on the management of budgets, actual costs, forecasts, and Earned Value Management (EVM) to support the successful delivery of this major infrastructure project. Sitting in the Phase One Project Controls function, this role is part of the directorate which includes Baseline Maintenance, Schedule Management, Cost Performance, Change Management and Performance Reporting.
- Lead on the analysis and verification of programme and area level cost performance
- Lead on the validation of cost performance data submitted by Area teams
- Develop overall programme performance reports to communicate current performance to Project Controls Director, including Earned Value Management, forecasted costs and EAC pressures.
- Support the Head of Cost Performance in the management of the Cost Management team
- Ensure adherence with cost performance processes and procedures
- Provide technical support to Project Controls Managers on cost performance
- Engage with stakeholders across Cost and Estimating, Project Controls, Project Client Directors, Commercial and Contractor organisations
- Work closely with Areas to develop defined work-streams to enhance cost performance
- Experience in the delivery of cost management or project controls on major programmes as a QS or similar.
- Proven experience in the management of Cost and Performance and project controls within a major project
- Experience in core project controls including baseline maintenance, schedule management, cost performance, change management, risk management, performance reporting etc
- Experience in managing and producing performance reports that summarise cost performance including Budgets, Earned Value Management (EVM) and forecasts on major projects
- Experience of cost management systems including Prism or Ecosys
- Knowledge of Project Controls, Commercial and Finance processes
- Knowledge of NEW contracts, amendments, early warning notices etc
- Knowledge of baseline development and maintenance of baselines on a major programme
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.