Birmingham, West Midlands
£80000.00 - £84000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Senior Estimating Manager, package up to £85,000: Birmingham
For one of the most demanding and exciting transport projects in Europe, we are recruiting a Senior Estimating Manager to lead baseline estimate management, maintenance, and updates across the Programme of multi-billion-pound contracts. This role will support the creation, assurance and management of baseline estimates, tolerance models, bench-marking analysis, and rate libraries. Reporting to the Head of Cost and Estimating (at Programme and Contract level) this role will support change management across the programme of works and will manage a team of 4.
- Analysis and verification of Contract level estimates, using cross programme bench-marking and rate library outputs to ensure accurate reporting up-line for change management and forecasting
- Support Head of Cost and Estimating to ensure adherence with the Estimating processes
- Provide technical estimating to support the Contract level teams (Project and Commercial)
- Work closely with Supply Chain to enhance cost performance
- Drive continuous improvement of the Estimating function
- Management of the external resources via framework provider and ensure a quality service delivery
- Engage with stakeholders across Cost and Estimating, Project Controls, Project Client Directors, Commercial and Contractor organisations
- Experience in a Senior Estimating Manager role on major projects with a QS or other formal Estimating qualification
- Use of systems including Prism Estimator, CostOs
- Experience in creating and maintaining and updating baseline estimates on major projects including cuts, fills, tunnels, bridges, viaducts, embankments, and utilities
- Experience of interfacing with Project Controls functions including schedule management, cost performance, change management, risk management, performance reporting and document control
- Knowledge of multiple construction contracts including NEC contracts, amendments. Early warning notices and workflow of communications between Contractor and Client
- Knowledge or core Project Controls including Schedule Management
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.