Up to £100192.00 per annum + A wide range of other benefits
12 days ago
11 February 2021
Senior Forensic Accountant - London
- Are you a fully qualified CCAB Accountant (Or equivalent)?
- Do you have significant post qualification experience as a forensic accountant working with complex and high profile cases?
- Have you managed and led a team?
If so, read on
Our Client exists to serve the public interest in setting high standards in corporate governance, audit and accounting as well as holding to account those organisations responsible for delivering such services.
This organisation undertakes investigations and takes enforcement action where necessary in cases involving accountants, audits and actuaries. These are complex, large and high-profile cases which require work with other regulators and bodies.
To act as a Senior Forensic Accountant in our team of experienced case lawyers and forensic accountants led by Executive Counsel. The role will involve the investigation of potential misconduct on the part of accountants or actuaries and alleged breaches by a statutory auditor or statutory audit firm of a relevant requirement of the Audit Regulations. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning investigations into complex accounting, auditing or actuarial matters
- Identifying sources of evidence
- Working with internal experts to identify relevant accounting, audit, actuarial or professional standards, and ensuring a thorough understanding of technical issues
- Managing and conducting the review of material obtained in the course of the investigation including use of electronic search platforms
- Preparation and conduct of formal investigatory interviews of senior accounting, audit and actuarial professionals
- Preparation of objective reports of investigation findings
- Supervision and development of junior professional staff
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant forensic accounting experience, who understands the requirements of working in a multi-disciplinary team in a contentious legal environment. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent ability to identify key issues
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to explain complicated technical concepts to non-finance professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organised, and able to plan and lead on more than one significant investigation at a time
- Ability and confidence to work autonomously
- Experienced in development of junior staff
- Enthusiastic and flexible, with a good team player ethic
- Experience of audit would be an advantage
This is a very exciting time to join this organisation as they transform to become a new body which reflects post Brexit Britain with new powers and responsibilities. This organisation offers a strong work/life balance, excellent benefits and a supportive, collaborative and "family feel" culture. You will also enjoy working with experts in their field and make a real difference to the sector ensuring public interest in protected and remains
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.