£100000 - £115000 per annum + + 20% bonuses and £10,000 car allowance
4 months ago
Head of Asset Management Tax, In-House
£100,000 + 15% bonuses, balanced working hours and remote/part-time flexibility
Central London (flexible working available)
We have been retained to find the Head of Asset Management Tax, In-House for a UK financial services group, consisting of several subsidiaries, employing approximately 3,000 members of staff.
Spearheaded by an impressive Head of Tax, the team currently stand at 11 in number. Within the tax team, you can expect a culture of togetherness, which reflects their corporate/tax operations. From customer service to building effective relationships with HMRC, the employees are focused on forming lasting partnerships across the board.
Reporting directly into the Head of Tax, the successful candidate will hire and manage a team of two in London, working closely with external advisors to maintain ongoing relations with HMRC. The Head of Asset Management Tax, In-House will hold responsibility for all tax matters of the asset management function. Responsibilities will primarily be compliance oversight and advisory focused, to include (but not be limited to):
- Acting as a business partner & trusted advisor, supporting asset management executives and key senior stakeholders in the asset management division
- Representing the Tax Function on relevant divisional Boards and internal committees
- Representing the business on external committees
- Effectively managing tax risk for the division, including oversight of tax reporting to the group (for example investment gains reports for use in corporate tax computations by the parent insurer) and investor tax reporting to external clients
- Providing strategic advice in respect of fund launches, new asset management products, new investments and property transactions
- Overseeing all aspects of real estate taxation
- Overseeing international tax requirements applicable to asset management, including AEOI requirements and withholding tax obligations
- Acting as a proven people leader who will recruit and lead a newly created team of two specialists
- Exemplify substantial technical knowledge of the taxation of investments, investment funds and real estate, including chargeable gains, stamp duties, VAT, capital allowances and overseas withholding taxes
Essential Criteria your CV will need demonstrate to be invited to interview
- Experience in fund taxation essential - other areas of taxation exposure
- Experience working in asset management, either in-house or in professional practice
- ACA/CTA/ACCA qualification
- Bonus points for experience in property taxation and VAT
The Successful Interviewee
- Able to inspire, upskill and lead a tax team
- Strong communication skills and team-orientation
- The ability to push back at senior levels when necessary
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.