£15.00 - £20 per hour
22 days ago
30 October 2020
Service Charge Officer: £15 - £20 per hour (PAYE / Umbrella) 6-months temporary
London | Home
For a public sector housing provider in central London, we are recruiting a temporary Service Charge Officer for 6 months. Reporting to the Service Charge Accountant, this role will ensure Service Charges levied to tenants are accurate, transparent, and in line with housing legislation.
- Accurately record service charge expenditure on a scheme basis at block and estate level
- Ensure all service charges are reconciled and recorded correctly
- Provide detailed breakdowns for residents of costs incurred including day to day repairs
- Assist with the financial information for the annual Service Charge accounts
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Assist in the preparation of service charge statements
- Prepare accurate annual reconciliation of service charge expenditure reports
- Liaise with Leasehold Services, Home Ownership, Local Authorities, DWP
- Experience within a Housing Association, RSL or ALMO
- Experience of Rent Accounting Systems such as Orchard
- Excel and Open Accounts experience would be desirable
- An understanding of Housing Benefits
- An understanding of Service Charge legislation
Would you like £250 in vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £250 in vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £250 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.