Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £440.00 per day + Inside IR35
6 months ago
Service Design and Transition Manager
Manchester or London
£440 a day inside IR35
The purpose of Global Information Services (GIS) in the organisation is to partner with the business in order to make effective use of Information in all its forms across the organisation. GIS has accountability for enabling the full life-cycle of information for the whole of the business.
The organisation has undertaken a strategic review of its operating model including the creation of a new GIS operating model. This role is part of the new GIS team responsible for implementing this operating model.
This role is located within the GIS Service Delivery team and reports to Head of Service Transition with functional line management provided by the relevant project/ programme
Engages with technical design and project managers or Project Management Office, to ensure correct products are produced, in a timely fashion. Including:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver all service transition/ introduction/ migration Projects and Programmes in line with the organisations service transition framework and recognised best practice methodologies.
- Produce detailed transition plans with agreed milestones and interdependencies.
- Participate in all governance reviews with the relevant stakeholders daily, weekly and monthly
- Ensure structured internal reviews to track project progress.
- Publish weekly transition dashboard incorporating all transition streams to the stakeholders.
- Responsible for management of the wider transition team, project management resource, internal technical resource, 3rd party suppliers, account team members and client stakeholders.
- Advise and facilitate the creation of service level agreements and service catalogue entries between the service recipients and IS service delivery;
- Manage the relationship with, and coordinate delivery of new services and releases from, Project Teams.
- Collaborate with service providers (internal and external) on the design and delivery of "non-functional" development requirements;
- Interface with 3rd party suppliers, for planning timelines and to ensure quality of deliverables.
- Understand existing service management processes & functions and implement best-fit operational interfaces for new service implementations.
- Ensure strict commercial change control to manage deviations.
- Escalate major transition issues to management with recommendations on how to address.
- Ensure transitions are within time and budget constraints and meet the required level of quality
- Ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner and the appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure smooth handover of the baton to the delivery team at the end of the transition.
- Document the learning's from Transition at the end of the project and discuss with key stakeholders.
- Assess all BAU changes to existing services from a service transition perspective to understand impact to existing services.
- Interface with key stakeholders within service management & operations to plug service introduction related gaps.
- Ensure service transition lite criterion is met for introduction of COTS/ BESPOKE applications into BAU live environment.
- Participate in the change advisory board (CAB) meetings to ensure service transition issues are addressed and changes are authorized from a service transition standpoint.
- Identify services within the estate that do not have a structured support model & develop the support model in line with existing service management processes.
- Conduct impact analysis on capacity of all service management & service operations functions wrt to the new service introduced & secure resources accordingly.
- Ensuring the service transition gate criteria are met by internal and 3rd party support delivery and integrated into support delivery model.
- Evaluates the quality of project outputs against agreed acceptance criteria.
- Impact, evaluation and risk assessment project from a Service perspective.
- Identifying all Service Readiness activities and ensuring they are in place for go live (processes, procedures, training, communication etc.).
- Active contribution in negotiating and agreeing changes to third party contracts where appropriate.
- Using the Total cost of ownership for modelling and forecasting of on-going support costs coming from projects.
- Providing assurance to programme managers on service transition activities.
Demonstrable experience, Preferably in large complex international organisation in:
- IS Service Transition
- managing deliverables via 3rd party vendors.
- Risk management
Degree educated (or eqv) essential, PRINCE 2 desirable
This is a complex, global organisation who offer an excellent working environment