£35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
5 months ago
Tax Accountant - In-House - May 2020 Live role
To £50,000 plus benefits
This leading food manufacturer with a host of household brands in their portfolio seeks a Tax Accountant based in their Surry office
- The Tax Accountant will work closely with the UK Tax Manager and UK Financial Accounting team to ensure all tax compliance work is delivered, including the preparation of Corporation tax and VAT returns, the annual PSA submission, monthly tax accounting and the tax reporting to the Parent company.
- Responsible for all aspects of the tax computation for the UK business including the submission to HMRC in line with the deadlines. This will include ensuring the capital allowance position is maximized and the efficient use of tax losses.
- Calculating the UK corporation tax quarterly instalments due.
- Responsible for the settlement of all UK tax liabilities.
- Calculation of the Tax charge in the management accounts, forecasts and statutory accounts including the tax disclosures, managing the effective tax rates for the purposes of all company reporting.
- Calculate and manage the current tax and deferred tax provision.
- Completion of the quarterly tax submission to Canadian parent.
- Liaise with other staff to obtain information required for the preparation of all the UK Group's corporation tax returns.
- Completion of the UK Group's monthly VAT returns as promptly as possible to obtain maximum cash flow benefit.
- Submit quarterly VAT returns for Pension Trustees Limited and arrange for payment to be made by due date.
- Calculate annual PAYE settlement (PSA), submit calculations to HMRC and arrange for payment to be made by due date.
- Liaise with Alphatax to arrange for the production of tagged iXBRL accounts for all UK companies for inclusion in the submission of corporation tax returns
- Maintain knowledge of all tax legislation relevant to the UK Group and keep abreast of any Finance Act changes or developments arising from case law.
- Provide ad hoc support to the business in respect of any tax advisory issues
- Maintenance of the tax risk register and working with SAO and Tax Manager to ensure mitigating activities are in place and documented
- Work with UK Tax Manager to ensure the UK Group's tax governance is in place.
- Provide cover for the UK Tax Manager as required.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Qualified Chartered Tax Advisor or Tax Technician (ATT) with sound knowledge of UK corporation tax, VAT and employment taxes.
- Experience in corporate tax compliance and accounting
- Technically strong with solid knowledge and experience of corporate tax compliance.
- Knowledge of taxation laws and regulations in the UK.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous and good attention to detail.
- The ability to work well under pressure and deliver results.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems to enable data extract and reconciliation.
- Exposure to Alphatax tax software desirable
- Possesses good business acumen and is highly adaptable, proactive and resourceful.
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision and uses their initiative.
The client will consider both practice candidates or somebody already in an in-house role.
Please send your CV to Elizabeth Ewen at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.