Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £50000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Tax Accountant - Leeds
Up to £50,000
- Are you a newly qualified tax accountant seeking more autonomy outside of practice?
- Would you like to work in-house at a global engineering company?
- Is a collaborative environment positioned to forward your career?
What's great about this Tax Accountant Role:
- Great working culture with an industry leading development programme
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
- Competitive bonus scheme and flexible benefits package
To assist in maintaining compliance in all aspects of taxation for the UK group and to provide ad-hoc finance support. Main duties:
- Preparation of Corporate Tax computations and returns for UK companies, including analysis of tax sensitive expense items.
- Reconciling tax accounts for management year-end reporting, including the preparation of deferred tax provision.
- Preparation of IFRS/FRS 101 tax accounting entries (current and deferred tax) for statutory reporting, including the preparation of tax reconciliation.
- Assist in maintaining relationship with HMRC and UK/overseas 3rd party advisors.
- Undertake audits of internal processes for Corporate Tax, VAT and employment tax to ensure compliance with legislation and update where required.
- Assist with overseas tax issues including permanent establishment, withholding tax and global mobility queries.
- Involvement in ad-hoc tax/finance/accounting advisory projects.
- Assist with the preparation and review of UK transfer pricing documentation.
- Quarterly instalment payments calculation.
- Preparation and submission of PAYE settlement agreement.
- Review and assist with short term business visitor submission.
- Preparation of Senior Accounting Officer submission.
- Assist the UK subsidiaries in the preparation of their financial statements.
- Assist in the general running of the Holdings function.
- Qualified accountant with tax experience
- Strong technical knowledge of all areas of tax, including overseas taxation
- Knowledge of IFRS/ UK GAAP
- Experience of using Corporate Tax Software package
- Practical accounting experience is an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Well organised
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong tax technical skills
- 30 days holiday + 3 fixed days (increases with service)
- On site car parking
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Subsidised canteen
- On site Gym
If you are a tax accountant working in practice looking to make their next career move in house or are an in-house tax accountant looking for their next career move, please get in touch - 0207 269 6314 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.