Tax Assistant Manager, In-House Financial Services
£60,000 + bonuses, benefits and study support
Are you CTA/ACA part-qualified and seeking an in-house role with developmental opportunity and study support?
Do you have a demonstrable interest in the financial services space, or real estate?
Looking to keep your options open and acquire both direct and indirect taxation experience?
The opportunity: The Tax Assistant Manager, In-House Financial Services
We are currently searching for this globally established asset manager, based in Central London. Reporting into a distinguished Head of Tax, your role will be broad in remit and include ad-hoc project involvement in M&A and supporting the development of juniors. In summary, this role is split between thirds of corporate tax/VAT compliance oversight, reporting and tax accounting. Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- The preparation of UK corporate tax returns and collaboration in Group relief planning and execution
- Group quarterly and year-end Corporation Tax reports and provisioning, including the preparation of quarterly current tax provision calculations for both UK/US GAAP
- Full review of UK tax / non-UK tax computations prepared by external advisors for 250 entities across Europe
- VAT activities, reporting directly to the Head of European Tax, drafting all responses to HMRC enquiries, acting as internal VAT advisor to colleagues and preparing quarterly UK VAT returns
- Assistance with the withholding of tax queries
- Active assistance in the review of new investment management agreements
- Conduct of tax research and other ad hoc project activities
- Staying up to date with adapting tax legislations
The successful candidate:
- ACA/CTA part qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in either VAT or corporate tax
- Ideally experience in the group context with a financial services organisation
- Self-motivated, able to engage senior-level stakeholders and partner with the business effectively.