Tax Compliance Specialist
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a world renowned business in a challenging yet extremely rewarding Tax Compliance role
The businesses highly commercial approach means Finance and Procurement are both centralised and as such, joining as a Tax Compliance Specialist, you'll soon see that the scale and complexity of the business which in turn makes for incredibly interesting and challenging work.
You'll have the chance to get involved in a variety of projects, making sure they run profitably, efficiently and with their customers and stakeholders front of mind. They have big growth plans over the coming years and which will also add another exciting element to the role and one in which you will be heavily involved in.
Your Role Will Involve
- Preparation of the monthly Group VAT returns and quarterly VAT return, VAT month end accounting and reconciliation reports, and supplementary analyses
- Analysing and assisting with the preparation of the corporation tax returns, corporate tax month end, and year end reporting and forecasting
- Assisting in the preparation of the group's PAYE Settlement Agreement
- Providing ad-hoc training to internal stakeholders and supporting the direct and indirect tax teams in relation to analysis and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with processes
- Assisting in the preparation of other ad-hoc tax reporting
These Skills Are Essential
- Experience of preparing VAT returns
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral are essential
- Flexibility and a willingness to work as part of a team to ensure compliance with processes
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- Qualified/ Part qualified as a Tax professional or relevant HMRC /in-house experience
- Previous experience of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE and Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines across both indirect and direct taxes
As well as competitive salary, you'll also receive a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a competitive bonus scheme. Not only that, when you get there, they'll nurture your skills and do all they can to help you reach your full potential.