In House Tax Consultant
Aberdeen - £45,000
Are you a corporate tax specialist?
Do you have in-house experience?
Are you looking for autonomy in your next role?
This large well-established PLC are looking for a Tax Consultant to join their growing business. You will be working as part of the Group Tax team to provide overall risk management and central governance to all UK Divisions.
The main duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of corporate tax returns for all UK Divisions.
- Preparation of statutory reports and accounts for the UK Divisions
- Preparation of interim and final UK tax calculations and disclosures under IFRS and UK GAAP including assisting in preparation of the tax disclosures included the Company's annual report and liaison with the Group's auditors.
- Preparation of the Group VAT return.
- Preparation of tax payment forecasts for the purposes of tax accounting and CTSA payments on account.
- To assist with employment tax related compliance e.g. prepare P11ds for all head Office employees and employee share scheme reporting.
- Management of the group payment arrangement
- Offer ad hoc day to day advice to the UK Divisions, offering support to the Senior Group Tax manager.
- To work on projects that deliver value to the Group e.g. Research and Development, Senior Accounting Officer and Governance Reform and Making Tax Digital.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Strong technical research skills with a background in large corporate taxation.
- Good presentation and communication skills in the context of dealing with the UK tax authorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and to be highly organised.
- Good communication skills for dealing with employees at subsidiaries.
- Highly computer literate with advanced spreadsheet skills (Excel) and experience with corporate tax compliance software (Alphatax) would be an advantage.
- CA/CTA qualified
- Good general accounting skills and experience of current and deferred tax accounting.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum of 10% contribution to your Pension (5% employer and 5% employee)
- 25 days Holiday plus National Bank Holidays
- Competitive Renumeration
If you would like to find out more information about the opportunity or would like to discuss your career within Tax; please get in touch - 0207 269 6314 or email@example.com