City of London, London
£100000 - £115000 per annum + + 20-30% bonuses and benefits
8 months ago
Tax Controversy Senior Manager, In-House
Central London - flexible working available
£100,000-£115,000 + 20-30% bonuses & benefits
We are currently searching for a US-headed and multinational financial services organisation, looking to expand upon their corporate and international tax team based in the City of London.
This role will offer a leadership purpose in advising on non-US Tax controversy, risk and compliance matters. The person holding this role will engage and collaborate with local tax and regulatory authorities and a variety of internal stakeholders; to include regional finance/tax teams and internal functions to include HR, legal and operations. While scope of this role is dedicated to direct taxation, the successful candidate will liaise with an array of multi-disciplinary taxation specialists in London and overseas.
The role involves leadership over all taxes, even though subject matter experts (SMEs) may sit elsewhere in EMEA Tax or in elsewhere in the business (for example HR and Operations).
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Taxation, specific responsibilities will include:
- Continual review and address for significant, high-risk or risk potential matters, to include returns or audit responses from the wider team.
- Active leadership on tax controversy-related matters with the non-US tax authorities (to include inquiries, litigations and audit)
- Acting as the point of contact for non-US tax authorities.
- Acting as the point of contact for internal entities to manage tax controversy, compliance and risk, and the point of escalation for tax services received
- Working with the US Head Office to input on and influence global tax implementation projects
- To actively implement and continually review the non-US tax governance framework over tax controversy, compliance and reporting processes
- Responsibility for SAO certification
CVs which will be invited to interview:
- ACA, CTA or qualified lawyer
- Demonstrable PQE in FS (served in-house or with an accountancy practice/law firm)
- Solid understanding of industry-specific issues and HMRC operations
- Solid technical specialism in direct taxation; expertise in both UK and international matters
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.