This senior manager role will lead the Tax Advisory function at a fast-growing multidisciplinary practice based in Wimbledon.
The role offers autonomy and responsibility and you will be reporting directly to the Partners and will provide tax advice to HNWI or OMB on a range of technical areas. The ideal candidate will have strong experience and be able to hit the ground running.
- Assisting in delivering a range of complex planning assignments, which will involve advising OMB companies, partnerships, HNWI and their families and trusts with a particular focus on advisory work and tax mitigation strategies.
- Property and Entrepreneurial Owner Managed business experience essential.
- Working with HNWI on estate planning, residence & domicile, retirement strategies, trusts, wealth management and all aspects of tax including personal tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and corporation tax.
- Corporation tax planning and tax compliance
- EMI schemes, company valuations and EIS work is common
- Dealing with HMRC at various levels
- Assisting in winning new work by identifying opportunities and participating in presentations to clients and targets
- Manage and mentor junior team members and supporting their development.
- Remaining abreast of emerging tax laws and legislation
- Leading our thought leadership written communication
- Act as the contact for technical queries
- Deal with client queries and identify potential issues
- Recognise and act on opportunities to develop further work from existing clients
Suitable Candidate for Tax Manager role:
- Post qualification tax experience essential
- Experience in working with HNWI and small to medium-sized Owner Managed Businesses
- Managerial experience including dealing with HMRC
- The ideal candidate will have experience of giving advice on personal tax, corporation tax, trusts, income tax, inheritance tax, capital gains tax, and stamp duty.
- Tax advisory skills gained working for an entrepreneurial client base.
- EMI schemes and wide-varied EIS experience
- CTA Qualified
- CPD Compliant
- Member of or in process of applying for membership of STEP advantageous
- Excellent time management, planning, project management and organisational skills
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Business and commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Good technical research and writing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent tax technical knowledge
- Great personal skills
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Laura on 02072696317.