£35000 - £40000 per annum
2 months ago
Up to £40,000
A reputable firm in Central London whose main client base include the biggest names in entertainment and media are looking for a tax senior to join the expanding organisation.
The ideal tax senior will be able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal skills together with an ability and interest in understanding your client's business.
Tax Senior Responsibilities:
- Request information from client and 3rdparties (banks, building societies, pension providers etc)
- Complete tax returns using tax software
- Prepare letters to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Ensure client receives tax return and any client queries are dealt with
- Ensure approval of completed tax return is returned from client and lodged with HMRC
- Calculate total tax liability for clients and advise client of when and how to pay tax and any interest, surcharges and penalties
- Explain and apply maximum pension contributions in relation to earnings for clients
- Review tax returns generated by Tax Assistants and Tax Semi-Seniors and use this to assist in their training and development
- Ensure all P11D's and associated s336 claims are completed, signed by the client and submitted to the Inland Revenue within set deadlines
- Assist Partners on tax issues in client meetings, if requested, and arrange own client meetings where appropriate
- Identify any special work outside of the normal billing cycle
- Review debtors and remind clients of any outstanding fees
Qualifications & Skills
- ATT qualified, preferably CTA qualified or equivalent
- Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge, minimum 2 years practical experience
- Able to train junior members of staff
- Basic accounts knowledge
- IT packages (Excel, tax software, Word, Outlook)
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness / client focus
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
Don't miss out on the chance to work for such an interesting firm! To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or contact Laura on 02072696317.
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.