Up to £135744.00 per annum + excellent benefits
10 days ago
15 October 2021
- London/Remote working
- £135,744 plus excellent benefits
This not-for-profit organisation contributes to the research and development of high-quality international financial reporting standards; their endorsement and adoption for use in the UK; and international debate on developments in financial reporting by entities
Key accountabilities are:
- Developing the regulatory strategy in conjunction with the Chair and Operations Director, as a basis for the annual budget, for agreement with BEIS.
- Ensuring that the organisations statutory functions are being properly executed in line with its guiding principles.
- Monitoring relevant developments domestically and internationally and assessing their impact on the achievement of the Board's statutory objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining the independence of the body.
- Representing the organisation at national and international events.
- Leading the development and delivery of the technical and research workplan in accordance with the Board's direction and agreed timescales.
- In conjunction with the Chair and Operations Director, setting the agenda for Board meetings and ensuring the timely preparation of technical papers for discussion at the Board's public sessions.
- Leading and developing a team of Technical accounting and other experts.
- Ensuring processes are in place to enable delivery of high-quality technical work.
- Ensuring the technical work adheres to due process requirements with sufficiently wide-ranging consultations to inform objective, balanced and evidence-based decisions.
- Working with the Chair and the Operations Director to set the culture of the organisation, following the guiding principles of transparency, accountability, independence and thought leadership.
- Supporting BEIS with policy development in relation to wider corporate reporting so far as it relates to the organisation, including assessment and negotiations on accounting equivalence with the EU and other jurisdictions.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field of study, with a professional or post-degree qualification, with at least ten years post qualification experience.
- Commercial awareness and political sensitivity on the impact of adopting financial reporting standards.
- A good understanding of the due processes of the international accounting standard-setting process and related organisations.
- A comprehensive and in-depth technical accounting expertise in IFRS and financial reporting.
- An in-depth understanding of the use of financial reporting to enhance the transparency and accountability of entities listed on capital markets and their impact on the wider economy.
- A sound understanding of the UK's corporate reporting framework.
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues that may be relevant to the process for assessing whether proposed or published IFRS are conducive to the UK public good.
- Creates and maintains key external relationships, e.g. with the IASB and the IFRS Foundation, other national accounting standard-setters, BEIS, other UK regulators and other interested parties.
- Able to interact effectively and respectfully with stakeholders.
- Able to contribute to the development of financial reporting globally.
- Able to debate, willing to listen and to synthesize others' views to agree on the way forward on projects.
- Able to analyse complex issues, identify salient aspects, the risks involved and potential options.
- Able to prioritise the work and delegate to staff members to deliver the work agenda to agreed timescales.
- Has high credibility in the financial reporting community.
- Able to influence when discussing the development of IFRS and financial reporting more generally and articulating the UK's views.
The role is based in their Central London Office for 4 days a fortnight, the remaining remote. The organisation offers excellent benefits and a strong work/life balance. This is a key role where you will set up and manage a key team and be working with senior stakeholders and officials from other bodies, organisations and the public. Your technical expertise and gravitas will be key in technical standards both in the UK and internationally
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.