City of London, London
£500 - £600 per day
7 months ago
Interim UK Tax Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Interim UK Tax Manager to join a leading European Bank on an interim basis.
This long term interim opportunity will be managing the UK Tax position and risks of a European Financial Services Group reporting to the UK Head of Tax. The responsibilities of the Interim UK tax manager are broad due to the varied business lines and business being part of a wider international group.
- Proactively advising and assisting all UK business lines in all tax related matters
- Ensuring that the UK operates within the Group's tax risk appetite and that a
- transparent, open relationship is maintained with HMRC
- Ensuring compliance with all UK filing obligations across all direct and indirect taxes.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Group Tax and UK business lines
- To ensure that the UK Tax function is trusted and respected by all internal and
- external stakeholders
- Undertaking UK tax compliance work in an efficient and timely manner across corporation tax, employment tax and stamp taxes in line with statutory requirements and Group risk management governance, policy and procedures
- Taking responsibility for monthly financial reporting of UK group entities tax figures
- Preparation of tax disclosures within UK financial statements and liaison with external auditors and colleagues in head office
- Management of companies tax positions in an optimal way, making tax elections as appropriate
- Participation in advising and assisting the businesses and supporting functions in all tax related matters as agreed with the UK Head of Tax
- Build relationships with UK businesses and strengthen business knowledge (banking and commercial finance)
- Ensure that the UK's tax processes and procedures reflect changes to legislation, internal policy and changes to group
- ACA or CTA qualified tax professional with a minimum of 2 years PQE in financial services
- Knowledge of UK tax legislation - Corporation and Employment tax.
- Understanding of financial services products and tax matters - Transfer Pricing, thin cap, in-pat/ex-pat issues
If you would like to find out more information about the opportunity or would like to discuss your career within Tax; please get in touch - 0207 269 6314 or email@example.com