UK Tax Manager, In-House Financial Services
£90,000-£100,000 + 30-40% bonuses & benefits
Are you ACA or CTA qualified with 5+ years PQE?
Do you have solid & broad experience across UK Corporate, partnership and personal taxes?
Interested in an internationally focused in-house opportunity in private equity?
What you will be doing:
- Manage non-US global tax compliance reporting and payment obligations (including corporate tax, partnership tax, and VAT, where applicable) for the corporate group - relevant jurisdictions include UK, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Guernsey, South Korea, and Japan.
- Manage non-US global tax compliance reporting and payment obligations (including corporate tax, partnership tax, VAT, FATCA and/or CRS) and investor tax reporting obligations for the funds - relevant jurisdictions include UK. Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Guernsey, Cayman Islands, Denmark, and US.
- Facilitate UK tax compliance reporting obligations for equity partners, including providing support with their UK personal tax affairs pertaining to their participation in PVUK.
- Handle enquiries from tax authorities, and appropriately deal with historical tax errors if discovered.
- Provide tax updates to the Luxembourg and Guernsey board of directors.
- Provide group tax consolidation calculations on a quarterly basis - relevant jurisdictions include US, UK, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, South Korea, Japan, and Ireland.
- Assist Finance with preparing UK, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Japan and Ireland tax provisions for inclusion in audited financial statements for corporate group entities. This also includes addressing and resolving any tax-related queries from auditors.
- Assist AMG with Country by Country Reporting obligations in various jurisdictions.
- Provide support to HR and payroll teams on employment tax related members, including IR35, PAYE, staff secondments, and staff relocations.
- Manage certain UK payroll reporting obligations (i.e. short-term business visitors, Form 42, and PSA reporting).
- Assist with funds closing process from a tax perspective, including reviewing and validating FATCA and CRS documentation obtained from investors.
- Maintain up to date investor tax documentation (i.e. W forms and/or CRS forms), which involves liaising with external provider and Investor Relations team in a repapering exercise to obtain and validate updated documents that have expired.
- Monitor tax legislative updates in relevant jurisdictions operate in, and review the business considering these changes to ensure compliance.
- Conduct tax risk analysis of relevant UK tax legislation (including new or amended tax legislations), including UK salaried members reviews, corporate criminal offence reviews, and income-based carried interest rules.
- Conduct reviews of new and existing overseas activities from a permanent establishment and substance perspective.
- Maintain and update the transfer pricing policy (Master File and Local Files).
- Provide input on tax issues regarding business proposals that may arise (e.g. setting up new office, Brexit planning, restructuring etc.).
- Main point of contact for non-US tax related matters, including supporting Investor Relations and Investment teams with ad-hoc tax queries from investors / GPs.
- Manage relationships with external tax advisors across various jurisdictions engaged to provide tax services for the corporate group, funds, and partners.
The successful candidate's CV:
- ACA/CTA qualified with 5+ years PQE
- Solid exposure to UK corporate, partnership and personal taxes
- Strong financial accounting and corporate accounting skills
- Knowledge of the corporate, legal, and tax environment
- International tax experience
- Experience in the private equity industry
- Accountancy practice experience with a focus on asset management/private equity
The successful candidate's disposition:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage workload, and work to tight deadlines/under pressure with minimum supervision
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and judgment
- Excellent team player, strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills