UK/US Tax (Dual Handler) - Experienced Mixed Tax Senior or Assistant Manager
Salary - £35,000 to £44,000 (dependent on skills/experience)
A leading international accountancy firm in the music, entertainment, and sports industry with a strong US/UK clientele is seeking an enthusiastic Mixed Tax Senior or Assistant Manager to join their energetic and dynamic team. It has offices in London, Los Angeles and Amsterdam.
The firm operates across three core departments - Business Management, Accountancy and Tax. The successful candidate will be based in the Tax Department of the London office, which is located close to Oxford Circus.
They are seeking an experienced Mixed Tax Senior or Assistant Manager with a strong knowledge of UK/US personal tax. The successful applicant will work closely with the Senior Tax Manager, the Tax Director and the Business Management team to ensure that clients receive the best service possible. Whilst much of the work is linked to meeting UK and US tax compliance obligations, you may occasionally be asked to work on tax advisory projects.
- Build and maintain good relationships with the firm's clients, their agents and managers
- Proactively build strong relationships across the UK, US and Netherlands teams
- Actively manage the firm's private client tax portfolio to ensure all compliance deadlines are comfortably met
- Work closely with the Senior Tax Manager to ensure all client queries or HMRC enquiries are proactively managed
- Have a strong working knowledge of:
- UK/US tax treaty
- Statutory Residence Test
- Tax treatment of non-UK domiciled individuals
- Calculating Foreign Tax Credits
- Dealing with HMRC's Foreign Entertainers Unit
- Tax treatment of S-Corps
- Review and compare the tax returns prepared by the US tax team (federal and state) to consider how they sit alongside and potentially impact the UK tax returns (e.g. foreign income exclusion claims, treaty exemptions, foreign tax credits etc)
- Identify business development opportunities to attract new work either from existing clients or the wider market
- Produce work of a consistently high quality and offer excellent customer service
- Research tax legislation and developments in the wider world of tax
- Good listening and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of the London and wider tax teams
- Ability to plan and prioritise work
- 3 years + tax experience, including exposure to UK/US issues
- ATT/CTA/ex-HM Inspector of Taxes
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, Excel, Access and Word
- Knowledge of CCH Tax software is beneficial, but not essential
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or call Laura on 02072696317.
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.