6 months ago
US/UK Private Client Tax Consultant - Big 4 London
Recognised as a market leader within this space, my clients is looking to expand the team in London at Consultant level.
Made up of over 40 tax specialists from a diverse range of backgrounds, this team are continuing to grow, both in terms of size and the type of client work they take on. From day one, you'll not only work closely with entrepreneurs and ultra-high net worth individuals, but clients from a range of industries including some of the world's leading banks, law firms and multinationals, to major hedge funds and partnerships, to some of the most sought after entertainment companies and popular sports clubs in the country.
Since the work is so varied and fast-paced, you'll quickly develop a mix of UK and US tax technical skills and commercial acumen, interspersed with those softer skills that will truly make you stand out from the crowd.
They take personal development very seriously and believe that it should be tailored to the individual. This team offer a range of exciting initiatives that will enable you to achieve your goals, such as international secondments, and opportunities to gain further qualifications, to name a few.
As a consultant within the US/UK High Net Worth team, you will be working in a diverse team within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
As a Consultant, you will have responsibility for:
- Providing US and UK tax advice to a portfolio of clients in relation to their intricate personal tax affairs to develop knowledge acquisition
- Taking responsibility for a number of client engagements, including liaising directly with clients and third parties to build relationships, and understanding the needs of clients to set the scope and budget for work accordingly with senior members on the engagements
- Overseeing and monitoring the tax compliance services provided to clients through Compliance Centres of Excellence to maximise engagement management
- Building internal networks within the firm to encourage collaboration, not only within Tax but across service lines and globally, and attending external networking and intermediary events to build eminence in the market
- Supporting more junior members of the team through participation in talent initiatives (i.e. buddy/mentoring new joiners), regular feedback and effective delegation to promote stewardship and personal development
Your professional experience:
A successful applicant will possess the following key skills and attributes:
* Strong UK and/or US technical skills with qualifications to support, either ATT/CTA or EA/CPA;
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and good business acumen and commercial awareness
* Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
* Able to take ownership, use initiative to resolve problems with practical solutions and exercise appropriate levels of judgement
* Drive and ambition to succeed and exceed clients' expectations and a pro-active approach to personal development
* Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
* Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
* Experience of delegation and interest and skills to develop more junior members of the team
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join such a highly regarded dual handling team in London. If you are interested in discussing this role further, please contact Maisie on 02072696337 or email email@example.com
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.