Brighton, East Sussex
£52000 - £62000 per annum + bonus & flexible working
4 months ago
VAT Director - Brighton - up to £62,000 + bonus + flexible working
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest and fastest growing tax advisory teams in the south east.
They are looking for an experienced VAT professional to join a leadership role as a VAT director within our Tax Advisory Group. The position would suit a motivated dynamic individual who would like take on a key role in further developing the firm's growing VAT advisory team.
You will have significant experience providing VAT advice, working within a practice environment. You will have had broad exposure to most areas of UK VAT, with a working knowledge of EU VAT requirements as they apply to UK businesses.
Responsibilities would include:
- Leading the VAT team on all areas of VAT advice
- Technical research for a breadth of topics and keeping the wider tax team apprised of technical developments
- Drafting reports and letters of advice for a wide range of clients and industries
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings
- Business development including marketing areas of opportunity
- Managing and developing members of the VAT team
Examples of work you will assist the team with include:
- Leading topical advisory matters to clients across the practice
- Advising businesses on VAT efficient structuring of their affairs
- Advising on VAT considerations for international trade
- Implementing partial exemption special schemes
- Ad hoc advice on a wide range of VAT matters for the firm's diverse client base
If you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
We can offer:
- A competitive market rate salary and bonus scheme
- Free car parking
- A modern friendly working environment
- Opportunity to progress your career
- Agile working hours and office space to allow you to have a good work life balance
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan and Enterprise Health schemes
- Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
This is a fantastic opportunity to help lead and grow the VAT offering within this rapidly growing team. If you would be interested in discussing this further, please contact Maisie Horrell on 07855746366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.