An opportunity has arisen within a Top 10's VAT firm for a manager with a solid background of forming and maintaining lasting client relationships, with the ability to guide and lead juniors within the team to maintain success to join.
- To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner.
This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided
- Full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner informed of overruns
- Plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review * Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities
- Must provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group
- Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Manager meetings and by attendance at social functions
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
- Must be able to recognise business development opportunities and inform and work with the Partner and the client to develop these when they arise
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work
Suitable candidate criteria:
- Staff management experience
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio
- To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing directly with clients
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Laura on 02072696317.
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.