A Top 10 London firm are looking for a suitable manager to join their successful team and to help manage clients' global indirect tax risks.
The team are large and experienced in indirect taxes as UK VAT, international VAT and GST (Goods and Service Tax), and customs duties. They help clients understand their indirect tax position, better manage their tax risk, help improve their cash flow and find efficiencies through better processes, systems and controls.
As a Manager in VAT you will assist in proactively growing the VAT practice and provide a specialist and comprehensive VAT advisory service to all business clients to minimise their VAT liabilities and compliance issues, and to identify tax planning opportunities. Assume a leading role in the development of the VAT team, working alongside the management team to grow the business through marketing events, and assisting with the expansion of the VAT client base.
- Builds a rapport with the individual client and develops a clear and detailed understanding of the business and client expectations
- Meets clients demands, keeping them up to date with progress
- Deals with a wide range of technical issues and client situations
- Provide intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively write high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners
- Responsible for planning and performing VAT consultancy assignments
- Prepare and file ruling requests on behalf of clients
- Act as a first point of contact on specific projects for any queries from the business
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations accordingly
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You'll have post qualified experience (ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent) (minimum criteria)
- You'll have experience of managing a sizeable portfolio of tax clients (minimum criteria)
- You'll have gained experience working within a professional services environment
- You'll possess working knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation
- You'll have reviewed work and supervised staff in a tax environment
- You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services
- You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions
- You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Laura on 02072696317.