VAT Manager, In-House
£60-70,000 + market-leading bonuses and benefits
Are you ACA/CTA qualified with demonstrable interest in the financial services?
Interested in working with a multinational insurance firm with clear progression prospects?
Looking to have an experienced and distinguished Senior VAT Manager to learn from?
We are currently searching for an ambitious and developmentally-focused VAT Manager to join and support the Group Finance Function within the London office.
The successful candidates' responsibilities will centre around managing the organisation's internal tax matters, including compliance needs, in addition to providing support to wider internal functions across the business network (globally).
Reporting into, and mentored by an impressive VAT Director, this could be the ideal first-step in-house someone at Tax Manager level within a top professional practice. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing and controlling the accounting of indirect taxes and compliance with all appropriate indirect tax legislation across the group
- Liaising with people within finance, accounting and other parts of the business as required
- Manage a rolling program of VAT and IPT audit/validation across the business
- Completion of UK VAT and IPT returns
- Working closely with the Indirect Tax Manager and Tax Manager regarding all European tax authority audits
- Working with local finance teams, implementing processes across Europe to ensure all indirect filing obligations are met
- Manage processes to reconcile internal accounting of indirect taxes
What the VAT Manager, In-House will need to succeed:
- The VAT Manager, In-House will likely hold experience within the Financial Services, either in industry or a large accountancy firm.
- A CTA/ACA/CPA/ICAS qualification will be highly advantageous in this position.
- Solid understanding of VAT - possibly with exposure to partial exemptions, IPT.
- Proven background in indirect tax or tax accounting
Interested in this VAT Manager, In-House opportunity? Next steps:
- Express your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, followed by confidential discussion with Jay on 02072696343 to learn more
- An initial discussion with the Indirect Tax Director and Finance Director
- A final stage interview with the Head of Tax and HR